The South Hamilton Community School District is located west of Interstate 35 about 18 miles north of Ames, Iowa. The communities of Randall, Ellsworth, Stanhope and Jewell comprise the district. The K-6 and 7-12 buildings are located in Jewell. If you wish to apply for a listed position, please include the following information.
The following items are required to be considered for a position:
- Letter of Application
- Written response to the questions
- Completed application form (see below)
- Recent letters of recommendation or a credential file
- Photocopy of college/university transcripts
Copy of (or documented evidence of) a current Iowa Teacher or Administrator license
|South Hamilton Administrator Application||South Hamilton Teacher Application||South Hamilton Support Staff Application|
|Word format||Word format||Word format|
|PDF format||PDF format||PDF format|
|Iowa Standard Teacher Employment Application|
2016-2017 School Year
None at this time
Support Staff Openings
Substitute Custodial/Maintenance help needed. Please apply at South Hamilton Community Schools Superintendent's office.
Food Service Staff
Substitute food service help needed. Please apply at South Hamilton Community Schools Superintendent's office.
No openings at this time.
Summer of 2016:
No openings at this time.
If interested, please send letter of application, resume and credentials to:
South Hamilton Community School
315 Division Street
Jewell, Iowa 50130-2042
Fax 515-827-5368 (we prefer to receive hard copies of your application)
or apply via the website: www.teachiowa.gov
Applications are available via the links above.
- South Hamilton is looking for a reliable person to work as a part-time custodian. This position will work in both buildings. The hours will be evening hours, with exact hours to be determined by the building principals. The position will begin as soon as possible.
- To apply for employment in the South Hamilton Community School District, simply click the appropriate link for the application in Word or Acrobat format. You must use Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, first select Windows or Macintosh and download the program from here. There is no charge for downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader. Adobe Reader Download Site
- Forward all application materials to:
- The South Hamilton Community School District provides equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. Questions regarding compliance with equal employment opportunities should be directed to Ken Howard, Superintendent/Equity Coordinator at 315 Division St. Jewell, IA 50130-2042, phone number 515-827-5479.